Everyone to the meeting
From all the Walkers
Actions from last meeting
- Dates for fish & chip Fridays will go up on the noticeboard
- One way system boards are in place and working well
- Keeping the gates closed until 10.00 is really helping staff to prepare for, and structure, each day. Thanks everyone for your understanding with this.
- Progress on the toilet ramp has slowed as we wait to get permission to fell the trees we need for posts at Norley.
- Pete will order the additional timber we need for the ramp and kitchen through Andy
- Have made lots of raised bed covers which are great. Need to make a few more please.
- Crewe group are working hard on the new fruit cage
- Lots of crops and fruit trees growing really well, especially in and around the new growing area
- We’ve done lots of weeding throughout the garden
- We’ve turned industrial eyesores like the blue oil drums into functioning works of art and nearly finished our giants head and one of his feet, as well as other art projects such as the butterflies on the fruit cage.
- Andy – we need more pallets please!
- Work on improving our water collection system
- Prepare the wooden sheds for next winter while the weather is dry
- We’ve been offered a lean to greenhouse which we’ll need to assemble
- Suggested that we have an art wall
- Yurt maintenance – Andy to arrange with Glenn the bodger from Offshoots
- Work on a new ‘zen’ garden – we need to discuss (and then agree) our ideas before we start on this
- Anyone interested in a trip to Blackpool to visit The Grow Blackpool Project and have a quick visit to the Pleasure Beach? Please put your names on the list if you want to go and if there’s enough interest we’ll do it. Grozone can’t pay for your entry to the Pleasure Beach sorry!
- Thanks to everyone for making the garden look especially fantastic for the Groundwork CLM staff day on Friday 5th June. Thanks to all your hard work, Grozone inspired all our visitors.
- Thanks again to Si for all your work on this.
- Lots of organised groups are visiting us on a regular basis – The Old Fire Station, Petty Pool, IMAP, Cloughwood School and Total people. Please keep on coming!
- CCG horticulture project – still running on Wednesdays and Fridays 1.00 - 3.00pm.
- UCAN – only Year 10 pupils are coming at the moment
We’re still waiting to hear about the possible lease.
Providing evidence to funders
- As always, we need to get your second/third WEMWBS forms filled in if you haven’t already been asked to do so please. Peer Mentors will help to identify who needs to complete their forms
- Grozone summer BBQ and sports day Wednesday 29th July
- Grozone Open Day Saturday 1st August to coincide with Vickers Way Park Open Day
- Lots of suggestions for ideas to raise some funds/publicise Grozone – e.g. having a donation box at Grozone, running basic training workshops, making pyroglyphics (how do you spell that!), decopage plant pots (ditto), making bird feeders and nest boxes and growing herbs
Wednesday 5th August 3.00pm?