Dan, Sam, Sarah, Denise & David Walker;
Actions from last meeting - None
· New growing area – The ground preparation is now done, thank you. We need to dig up and replant the flowerbed under the large Ash tree (BJ and Mike), and then dig in lots of manure (thanks in advance Pete for the manure)
· Toilet ramp – been carrying on installing the posts.
· The cable for the solar panels is now buried, and we have a light fitting in the yurt. Electrician has been to have a look and will get back in touch with what he needs to do to certificate the work. Now digging a trench for the hedge.
· Have dug a soakaway for waste water from the kitchen area. Please use this from now on.
· Lots of wood processing has been done for the various wood stores. If boiling water, please use the kindling from the store by the Kelly Kettle area, as this is driest.
· Made lots of wreaths and planted Bluebell bulbs
· Kept all the paths clear of leaves
· Have replaced struts in the yurt – more need to be done, and then some repairs on the side frame also need doing.
As always, thanks everyone for all your help with everything.
CCG project – running on Wednesdays and Fridays 1.00 - 3.00pm. We would still like to recruit more participants.
A film crew is here this week on Wednesday and Thursday to help publicise the project.
UCAN – Mike said that he has noticed real improvements in pupils’ behaviour both at Grozone and off site.
· Visit to Norley Rural Skills Centre. Groundwork staff paid a visit to look at the possibility of securing the site on a lease from CWAC. All were very impressed with the site, and it’s potential. Pete and Andy to write a proposal ASAP
· Grozone Family Club Monday 22nd December
· Please note that Grozone will be closed this Friday (5th December) for the Groundwork Xmas do. Opening dates over Xmas are displayed on the kitchen notice board.
· Grozone will close on Tuesday 23rd December, and reopen on Monday 5th January 2015.
Any other business
· We now have a new signing in sheet. Thanks Si and Fe for all your help setting it up. To save paper, and to make finding your name easier, the sheet only lists the people who have attended the most times up until that week. If your name isn’t listed, please don’t be offended, and sign in as a ‘visitor’. Over 360 people have visited Grozone since April, and so we can’t fit everyone’s name on the list!
Date of next meeting
Wednesday 7th January 3.00pm