to everyone, and thanks everyone for coming. It’s great that so many of you came along
Actions from last meeting
- We’re continuing with work on the ramp to the compost toilet
- We’ve started on the kitchen roof – 3 posts are in so far
- We’ve carried out lots of tree pruning
- Haven’t started work yet on the extra raised beds and tree seat, but we will!
- We’ve installed drainage channels around the kitchen which are working well
The Big Lottery funding runs out on March 1st, but don’t worry, we will still be opening after then.
- Until March 1st we will be opening Monday to Saturday as usual.
- From March 2nd, we will be open on Tuesdays, Wednesday, Thursdays and Saturdays as usual, and opening to organised groups only on Fridays.
The activities themes for the days that we are open will remain unchanged.
- Our recent visit to Thorn Wood to do some coppicing with staff from the Saltscape Project was a great success, and enjoyed by all who went.
- Further sessions with Saltscape are arranged for this Friday (29th Jan) at Marbury Country Park 29th Jan, then Acton Bridge on 19th Feb.
- Tai Chi this Saturday from 1.00 till 3.00pm – all welcome
- Grozone celebration BBQ on Tuesday 1st March
- Lots of work done on pathways and roadways – thanks BJ for taking a lead on this
- Repairs made to wood store covers
- We’ve stocked up the wood stores
- Done lots of tree pruning
- Made signs for the parking bays
- Connected up the water butts
- Everyone enjoyed the Christmas pizzas and we’ve made some delicious cakes and curries
- Rachel has continued work on the Grozone willow snail, we’ve made mosaics from old bottle tops and lots of habitat signs from wool and nails
- We had a tribute to David Bowie music workshop, of which we’re sure he would have been proud!
- Hope to get some more wood from the EA contractors
- Continue work on the willow tunnel in the sensory garden
- We need more raised bed covers
- Plant more willow in the coppice area
- Put net roofing on the fruit cage
- Remove dominant grasses from the wildflower meadow
Thanks as always to Si for keeping everyone up to date with our efforts on social media, and for some great posts
A horticultural training course is starting at Grozone on Monday and running for 10 weeks, organised by Northwich Work Zone and Groundwork’s Roots to Wellbeing Project.
Please contact Debbie Cragg at the Work Zone for more details. Andy will leave some leaflets in the office at Grozone with more information.
Providing evidence to funders
- Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and comments that you’ve shared with staff over the last few months – it’s all really valuable in terms of us providing evidence to funders of the great stuff that goes on at Grozone. We all know how fantastic it is, but we need to show this to others too. There are still a few gaps for us to fill in, so we might need to ask you to fill in another form/questionnaire.
- Sarah says that she has some really powerful bits of film on camera – thanks everyone for your help and comments
Wednesday 24th February at 1.00pm