Andy to investigate arranging some mindfulness training – done.
If you haven’t already, please use the flipchart in the yurt to let us know which days suit you best for the different activities.
Nominations for committee – only had one nomination so far Alternative ideas were suggested – either having separate meetings for particular subjects, or a voting system
Thanks to everyone for all your hard work. Grozone is looking fantastic – special mention to everyone who’s been working on the new bluebell wood – BJ, Mike, Gary, Tom, Morgan & everyone else who’s helped. Andy will speak to The Mersey Forest Bluebell Recovery Project about getting some bluebells
Project/activities catch up
- Thanks to the apprentices from CWAC and to Sam for work on the new raised beds. Until we have finished the surfacing, please don’t use these beds as the ground is very uneven.
- Have cleared and tidied behind the brew shelter, and thinking of using the area for craft/music sessions.
- Have built lots of new compost and storage bays out of pallets donated by Duerr’s Jams – Thanks Duerr’s!
- Pete is going to liaise with environmental artists to help put a programme of art activities together. Ideas and suggestions gratefully received – see Pete.
- Our first music session was a banging success! Lots of people making lots of noise out of lots of different things, and having a great time doing so.
- Traditional crafts – please come along to the next session (Friday 16th May) to help plan a programme of activities
- Cooking sessions have been popular and very successful. Come along on the 9th or 23rd May to make suggestions for what you would like us to eat, and therefore what we need to start growing
- Horticulture – after a slow start, everything sprouted at once, and is now growing very well. We’ve planted runner beans, broccoli, cabbages, Brussell sprouts, cauliflowers, potatoes, leeks, onions, garlic, beetroot, strawberries, rocket, lettuces and chard, and we’re about to plant up the pizza bed with a variety of herbs. Wow!
Calendar of activities –
As stated above, this is your last chance to make suggestions for changes to the days that activities run, so please use the flipchart
If you would like to nominate someone, or volunteer yourself, please let Pete or Andy know. We think we need at least 5 people on the committee for it to work effectively. Thanks Robert and Cynthia for volunteering.
- Bike maintenance - Simon is looking into it
- Mindfulness – agreed that Andy should arrange a one off 2 hour pilot session on a Wednesday at 1.00pm in June or July
Andy explained that the start dates for the Vale Royal CCG project and the UCAN project have both been put back until the start of June
Grozone has featured in the local Northwich Guardian and the national Metro News this week, and the BBC’s The One Show have been in touch about making a short film about volunteers at Grozone.
Any other business
– Designated smoking area – Andy suggested that for everyone’s comfort, we have a designated smoking area, and asked for ideas of where this could be. It is Groundwork’s responsibility to provide a smoke free environment to staff and volunteers
- Andy introduced Mark Holmes from Cheshire West Citizen’s Advice Bureau who would like to run sessions around money/budget management for volunteers. If lots of volunteers are interested, we will hold a couple of sessions at Grozone. Please let Pete or Andy know if you’d like to come along. In the meantime, you can contact Mark directly on 07591 974666 , email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call in to the office at Meadow Court, Meadow Street, Northwich (next to the Post Office sorting office).
Wednesday 4th June at 1.00pm